Fertilize with a slow-release organic fertilizer such as Milorganite, Earthalizer, Converted Organics or Chickity-Doo-Doo.
Weed Control: Apply a pre-emergent weed control by April 15th if not done in March (see below).* Spray broad-leaf weeds as necessary.
Mowing: Mow grass at 3-4", leave clippings on yard if possible.
1. Run your engine dry or add a gasoline stabilizer to the fuel tank. Leftover gasoline can become gummy if left in the tank unused.
2. Drain and replace the oil. Oil should be changed once a year. Disconnect the spark-plug wire first for safety.
3. Clean the air filter. Wash foam filters in hot, soapy water. Blow clean paper filters.
4. Clean & inspect your spark-plug. Place a small amount of engine oil in spark-plug hole to reduce corrosion.
5. Clean and sharpen the blades. Sharpen your blades. Clean off any dirt or grass clippings on the under-carriage of the mower.